A Shadow Day is available to any current eighth-grade student that has completed the online application to the IA. Students will spend the day with a current ninth-grade student in class and at lunch. Every effort will be made to match the guest student with a host student that reflects their academic and/or extracurricular interests.
Unfortunately, at this time shadow opportunities are not available for younger students. Please contact the enrollment coordinator for your campus of interest if your student is a potential transfer student for grades 10-12.
To request a Shadow Day at IA-West, please complete the application and then sign up for your Shadow Day here.
To request a Shadow Day at IA-Okma, please complete the application and then sign up for your Shadow Day here.
To request a Shadow Day at IA-East, please complete the application and then sign up for your Shadow Day here.
"High levels of support when matched with high expectations will produce unparalleled achievement."
Lambert S. Okma
IA Student Profile
International Academy Students are willing to:
- accept personal responsibility and act as self-starters
- become active participants in developing lifelong learning skills
- accept academic challenges
- work toward developing multi-lingual fluency
Expectations of an International Academy Student:
- four years of a second language
- meet the requirements of the International Baccalaureate
- community service/school activities
- Theory of Knowledge
- Extended Essay
- Personal Project
- six subject area tests
- actively participate in a product team